This Tutorial explains linux network control commands like netstat, ping, ipconfig, traceroute, hostname, telnet, nslookup etc. All concepts are explained with elaborated examples.
1. How to use netstat command for finding all the ports information on linux/unix system.
2. How to use netstat command for finding tcp ports information.
3. How to use netstat command for finding udp ports information.
4. How to use netstat command all listening port information.
5. How to use ping command for checking the connectivity speed and remote machine keep alive.
6. How to use ipconfig for viewing network configuration like ip address, TX, RX etc
7. How to use ipconfig for changing ip address.
8. How to use ipconfig for changing subnet and broadcast address.
9. How to use traceroute command to view all intermediate hops till the remote machine.
10.How to use hostname for viewing the hostname of the current host.
11.How to use hostname for viewing the domain address and FQDN.
12.How to use hostname for viewing ip address of the current host.
13.How to use telnet to connect a remote host.
14.How to use telnet to check the connectivity of the remote host.
15. How to use nslookup for viewing the ip address for a domain.