In this video, I setup remote desktop using the Tiger VNC Service available through Centos.
1) First install the TigerVNC service.
2) Then, we edit the vncservers file by adding the configuration of the users that will be logging into the server remotely.
3) Next, create a vnc password for each user by logging in as the user and using the vncpasswd command. (This step is a requirement. The vncservice will not start if a password is not set for each user).
4) Restart the vncservice – service vncserver restart
5) Adjust firewall settings by opening up the correct ports; in this case, it was port 5901 and 5902.
6) On the client, download a vnc client and check your connection by logging into the server remotely.